France’s largest business law firm
a unique approach to practice our profession
Working alongside our clients for 98 years, we know all the economic and institutional players and understand their issues.
Proud of our history but clearly focused on the future, we are constantly adapting our services to anticipate our clients’ needs and assist in their development.
In all areas of legal and tax advice and litigation, locally or internationally, our clients work with women and men with in the field experience who speak the same language and understand their needs.
Our pursuit of excellence and innovation enable us to provide insightful and enterprising advice which is also strategic and pragmatic.
In this way, we are a driving force in the development of new law that protects companies and organizations and enhances their competitiveness and success.
The Firm’s governance
Fidal is a SELAS (société d’exercice libéral par actions simplifiées).
The company is managed by an Executive Committee with a Chairman, François de Laâge de Meux, and two CEOs, Christophe Mikolajczak and Jean-Godefroy Desmazieres.
Three Executive Directors assist the Board:
- Carole Chatelain, Executive Director in charge of Human Resources,
- Jean-Henri Daudignon, Executive Director in charge of internal staff management,
- Dominique Davodet, Executive Director.
The Executive Committee is elected by a Supervisory Board for a renewable four-year term. The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Executive Committee’s management and is elected every three years by the general meeting of partners. Didier Millot has been Chairman of the Supervisory Board since March 2018.
This mode of governance encourages broad-based consultations among partners, while granting to the Executive Committee the autonomy necessary to exercise its power of management.
The partners meet at annual general meetings, convened to approve the financial statements for the past fiscal year, to approve the main strategic guidelines as defined by the Executive Committee and to appoint new partners to the firm.
Fidal's share capital is held exclusively by lawyers working within the firm. Our shareholding policy is one of the most liberal in the profession, with more than one third of our lawyers being partners. This organization makes it possible to better understand the workings of the firm and share with them the profits generated by the firm as a whole.
The Technical Division
Unique on the market, Fidal’s technical division, composed of lawyers from the head and regional offices, is a think tank of recognized experts, including both practitioners and academics, dedicated to the technical excellence of the firm and the development of its clients.
The technical directors and their respective teams are organized into 9 departments covering all of the firm’s practice areas. They provide a cross-disciplinary perspective and analysis of the issues faced by our clients. They are the guarantors of our expertise.
- Establish Fidal’s doctrine and train the lawyers on new legislative and regulatory provisions
- Ensure that our clients receive the same high level of service throughout France
- Accompany the development of our clients by offering customized and adaptable services
- Involvement in standard-creating processes to ensure that they meet the needs of the economy
- Represent the firm before institutions and administrations
- Provide a comprehensive approach to assisting clients on cross and multi-disciplinary issues
- Provide a forward-looking analysis of new standards in order to better ascertain their significance and decipher their impact
- Develop innovative solutions to turn legal obstacles into opportunities
- Create innovative digital tools to anticipate the needs of clients and assist them through their transformations
Our operational departments support operational teams by providing them with the technical backup required for their activities. These are key functions that enable lawyers and legal experts to work efficiently and help the firm to expand, while contributing to client satisfaction.
GENDER EQUALITY INDEX
The firm’s 2019 global gender equality index score is 91.
The firm’s 2018 global gender equality index score is 74.