Used by companies to develop their international business and by employees to boost their careers, expatriation, secondment and inpatriation are everyday operations that require advanced planning.
Companies also need to manage and facilitate the arrival in France of employees coming from abroad, whether in the context of intragroup mobility or after being directly recruited abroad.
A COMPREHENSIVE OFFERING TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
DEFINE YOUR MOBILITY POLICY
BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER
- Creation of international mobility policies or review of policies already in place
- Setting up a secure and attractive international compensation package
- Advice and assistance on stock ownership plans in connection with international mobility (stock options, free shares, LTIs, ...)
SET UP YOUR MOBILITY POLICY
- Optimization of the labor cost of international mobility: choice between expatriation and secondment; identification of appropriate protection schemes
- Securing the contractual relations between the employee and the foreign host or home company
- Completion of employment, social security and tax formalities
- Analysis of the consequences of international mobility in terms of pension, death and disability benefits
- Analysis of the employee’s status with regards to immigration rules (residence and work permits)
- Assistance in dealings with social security authorities and tax administrations
- Changes to the employment contract and management of social protection systems
- Monitoring of tax requirements and returns, tax equalization calculations (in coordination with our foreign partner firms)
- Tax and employment-related impacts of the employee’s return: reintegration, new assignment, termination of contract
- Estimation of consequences for pension, death and disability schemes, implementation of corrective measures
- Assistance with tax and social security administration audits
ASSIST YOUR EMPLOYEES
As professional mobility “coaches,” our lawyers can assist your employees with all of their private wealth, tax and employment-related issues.
- Analysis of the employee’s private wealth situation in light of the law applicable within the country of expatriation/secondment
- Analysis of tax residence and the exit tax consequences of the transfer of tax residence
- Implementation of the inpatriate regime
- Exploration of options, identification of appropriate protection schemes
- Anticipation of risks (death, disability, divorce) and drafting of agreements regarding the applicable law (will or marriage contract)
- Monitoring of tax obligations, personal income tax returns, tax on real estate capital, implementation of the French PIT withholding system for foreigners who have become French residents, ...
- Assistance during crisis situations (liquidation of matrimonial property, settlement of cross-border successions)
- Protection and defense of your interests (out of court and in court) across all relevant jurisdictions
- Monitoring of post-assignment tax consequences (taxation of deferred income)
Fidal : our key assets for assisting you effectively !
- Assistance at every stage of the mobility process, from risk assessment to crisis management (preliminary analysis of the situation, securing the expatriation process, management of everyday accidents, return to France, ...)
- Teams with knowledge of local legislation and supported as needed by our network of foreign partner firms
- A special training offer prior to the employee’s departure or arrival
- A multi-disciplinary approach reinforced by our team of experts and our ecosystem of partner firms
- Flexible fees, depending on your needs, from the preliminary diagnostic analyses & recommendations to the implementation of an ongoing dedicated support service, we offer you a range of formulas to meet the needs of your business (hourly rate, subscription format, ...)
To take you further
Fidal’s mobility teams can also design a comprehensive expatriation or inpatriation strategy to serve the needs of all of your company’s stakeholders - senior executives, human resources department and employees.
From the preliminary phases of analyzing, prioritizing and selecting options to the final formulation of specific guidelines, we offer a cross-disciplinary approach encompassing tax, labor and social protection law at every stage of the mobility process.